Saturday, June 14, 2014

Thing #22: The continuing journey of discovery...

For this, the penultimate Thing, I took a look at Droid of the Day.  I liked that it covers a wide variety of apps, so no matter who you are or what you use your mobile device for, you will probably come across something useful or fun for you.  Some things seem dumb to me at first glance, but the reviews are short, sweet and clarify purpose, functionality, etc.  For example, today was an app to help you uninstall things.  I'm pretty sure I can do that without a special app to help me out.  (Actually, I know I can.  I've done it before...)But the review was helpful and said things like, if you are a person who tries a lot of free apps, this will let you more quickly uninstall them ASAP.  OK. Makes sense.  I still don't need it, but I can see how some people might wanna get it.

The first app I actually got from Droid of the Day was just the other day: Mini Warriors.  Fun so far.

I'm going to keep this one.  Like my Duolingo language lessons, I think that this one is unobtrusive, but with a daily notice, it won't let me forget about finding and/or trying new things as they come along.  Should help me stay off the dull edge of complacency about my phone apps as I move forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment