Thursday, June 12, 2014

Thing #15: No infographics joy

I tried.  I really did.  But I couldn't find any good infographics apps that would work on my phone.  I shopped around, read reviews, found a few web-based products/projects (that generally involve paying a registration/membership fee), etc. But nothing that was mobile...except for a stupid app that makes an infographic out of your camera use based on the metadata collected by your phone when you take the photos.  In other words, I spent a lot of time looking and attempting, but got absolutely nothing useful out of it.  booo!

My thought is that infographic making is really a matter of design, and as such, any complicated ones should probably not be created using an app on my phone.  There were a few chart/diagram options in the Deck Presentation app that are very infographic-like, or infographic component-like.  A person can also always use a drawing or other presentation app to create something from scratch.  It will just be harder.  But infographics are definitely a combo of art and science, so that's understandable.

No comments:

Post a Comment